Sunday, January 15, 2012

315 rue Verte, Croix, appartment no.4, chambre 4

Salut tout le monde!

After over 1 week of pure searching, I've moved into my "permanent" residence while here in France. It`s located right outside the gates of my school so I literally have to walk down one driveway, cross the street, and walk up the school`s driveway. Super convenient. I`m sharing the apartment with 3 other EDHEC students. They`re all french and in the same year (about 2 years under me, from what I can understand). 2 girls and 1 guy. Super nice and patient when explaining things slowly when I can`t keep up with what they`re saying. One of the girls is a foodie like me and we`ve decided that we`re going to do a `franco-canadian`food night! (This entire conversation happened because we were discussing what people eat for breakfast here since there`s no bread nearby... crisis!!... and I started talking about banana bread. I said that I would try and make some for them... let`s hope it turns out properly... :S)

Around me, there isn`t too much because it`s all residential. There is a boulangerie about 10 mins walk up hill from me and a McDo about 10 mins away in the other direction; I`ve been to neither. Rather, I walk to the tram and go either to Roubaix or towards Lille. There, there are supermarkets and boulangeries and everything. Much more worth it. To get to the tram, there is a beautiful walk across a large park where, on the weekend, you`ll find both young and old going for walks, playing soccer or feeding the ducks.

Speaking of  crossing the park, I did yesterday when I went back to Roubaix to see what was on sale during the big sales that are happening now for about a month. It`s crazy! From Lacoste to Guess to Geox to Haribo, everything seems to be on sale for at least 30% off, if not more. I saw sweaters at Lacoste for 39E! Crazy!! At Kipling, there was a bag for 25E that I wanted to buy, but really, I didn`t need it so I used my better judgement (and a lot of will power) to walk away... instead, I bought another kitchen gadget. Yes, my first `purchase`(other than food) in France obviously HAD to be a kitchen gadget. It`s a wine pourer and stopper that keeps bottles from spilling and going bad. It`s great, already in use in my fridge :D well, now out of use because the bottle is done. I will have to pick up another one when I go to supermarket. (I think my favourite wine right now is Bordeaux - mellow and fuity, not to heavy and great for sipping with cheese and pâté or just by itself while hanging out with friends :) Next time, I think I`ll try something from Bourgogne while making beouf bourgignon!)



 First dinner in my new place!
(do you see a similarity with my first dinner at my other place? LOL)

Views from the walk to the tram stop:

 Just outside my building`s back exit.

Parc Barbiaux

 the other side of Parc Barbiaux

Scene from Roubaix Eurotéléport (the main bus/ tram/ metro spot of Roubaix)

1 comment: